Saturday, August 2, 2008

Did You Get Yours?


Brittany and I had the plan to wake up and hit Costco for our copy of "Breaking Dawn" but last night, Maddie and Maddie (her friend) went with Maddie's family to the Border's party for the book and I sent money with her so she could try and get me a book.

She had a lot of fun at the party and lucked out because Maddie's family had all reserved their copies so she was able to get in a line with them and get me a book. I don't know what the odds would have been of her getting me one otherwise, how many they had in stock, or how many people were there, but I was glad when she called and said she had got it!

Brittany and I still went to Costco this morning for her book and we got one for my mom. We arrived when the doors opened at 10:00 and there were people buying the book, but nothing like I had imagined in my mind and they had PLENTY of books - $10 cheaper than Maddie paid at Borders! Oh well!! I've already read the first 100 pages (since we drove to Heber today) and it's great!

I'm off to get ready for Talbie's Bday party!!

2 comments:

The BC Fam said...

Markelle and I went to the midnight release party at Barnes & Noble. I'm glad we're driving to Destin tomorrow (12 hours!) so Markelle can finish it and I'll read it on the way home! The party was fun, lots of "Vampires" in wedding dresses & prom dresses. Markelle is downloading the playlist off Stephenie Meyer's website so she can listen to her I-Pod while she reads it. Happy reading!

Aloha said...

I was trying to go and never made it so we were looking at different stores as we came home tonight and never found it...so I am very glad I have to wait to get mine at Costco on Monday. I may be late but I will have saved money.....There has to be something good come out of all the misses I had today!