I will NEVER forget the day I met Teresa. Troy and Dave had started working at the Utah County Sheriff's Department around the same time in 1994. They became fast friends and we got together with them one weekend. We lived in Heber at the time, in the basement apartment of Dave's parents house (we lived there 2 years while Dave went to college, the Police Academy, and worked.)
This particular weekend was so fun. We me at our house, went to eat dinner at a diner in town and then the girls (Me, Teresa, Maddie, and their daughter Haylee - who is a year older than Maddie) went back to the house to play while Dave and Troy went up to the gun range above our house - to do some practice shooting for a qualification they were having at work the coming week.
After about an hour, I received a phone call from Troy and he told me they were at the Emergency Room in the Heber Hospital. Dave had a shooting accident! I later found out when I got to the hospital that Dave and shot his left eye out and they rushed him down to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for surgery to remove his eye and build an implant.
This was a scary time in our lives but we will always have such a special bond with Troy and Teresa. Not only because we are such kindred spirits, but because they helped us through a difficult time and Troy literally saved Dave's life!
Anyway - now that I'm crying (it doesn't take much these days) I just want to tell Teresa (who reads this blog faithfully but refuses to leave a comment!!) that we are so thankful to you guys. We MUST get together more often.
I wanted to take a picture tonight at dinner but was talking so much in catching up - I forgot. It was great to see their cute son (who is 11) and Haylee who is now almost 17! Time sure flies. The picture below is one I found of Maddie and Haylee on one of our camping trips when we lived in Heber. This was about 2 months after Dave's accident.


After dinner, Dave and I went to see the movie "Valkyrie" and we loved it!

3 comments:
Kellie, We love you so much. When you are going through bad times I can always count on you and Dave to provide for others. You have been a great example to me and dad. Even at Christmas sometimes thing get so crazy we forget to thank our father un heaven.
HOLY COW!!! I had no idea that happened! You guys are amazing!!
Ok I will leave a comment now that I am crying! You guys are so awesome too. Lets get together this weekend maybe! We had a great time also and hope we can do it more often.
Post a Comment