Monday, January 5, 2009

In Memory of Jessica

Last Sunday was our niece, Jessica's 29th birthday. Jessie passed away 6 months ago and we all miss her terribly. She fought cancer for almost 2 years but lost the fight last June.

For Jessie's birthday we went to visit her grave and decorated it with a Christmas tree and built a snowman for her.


Before we built the snowman, Abe and Steven realized how great the snow was for building snowballs - this is what they ended up with...

We lit candles in her honor

As we were all about to leave, the most beautiful sunset appeared in the sky

Doesn't she have the most beautiful view from her grave? It over looks Orem


5 comments:

Katie said...

This is so neat! Jessica was such an amazing person. I will never forget how kind and caring she was to everyone.

Barb Elder said...

That is wonderful that she has such a view and and family that loves her and misses her. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I love those candles though. Great idea. One thing I hate about getting older is all of a sudden we see so much heartache.

The Boulter Family said...

Thank you Knowles family for attending this special birthday event! I loved the scripture Dave shared; it was so perfect!
It is always so much fun to spend time with all of you. You guys are the life of the party. Love you

bulkleybunch said...

i'm so sorry! what a great way to celebrate her life. and she certainly has an incredible view!