Tonight was the "Sweetheart's Dance" at OHS and Maddie was asked by Johnathon Hale. We think Johnny is such a wonderful guy and we have known him since we moved into this ward when Maddie was 3 and he was 5. I don't want to embarrass either of them too badly here (at least not Johnny but Maddie, I'm sure - has been embarrassed many times by something in this blog) but Dave is always enforcing and reiterating Maddie's curfew but tonight I heard Dave say, "Have her home before 2 - or whenever!" That right there shows you how Dave feels about him.

Maddie has been so social since the day she was born and for the last 2 years it's been such a fight with her because she has wanted to do things that she didn't think were a "date" (like go to movies with boys, etc.) but we have had to be major sticklers and we have had many arguments with her on what qualifies as a "date". I had told her over and over that she would be blessed by not bending the rules and sticking to her values and wait until she was 16 so there was no question.
Her birthday was on the day of the Preference dance and she went and had such a great time. Since then she has had a couple of really fun group dates and is enjoying life. It makes me so excited for her because she waited and she is being rewarded for following the prophet's counsel. I'm so proud of her!
2 comments:
L-O-V-E it. And what a good girl to be obedient... because I know she has probably had MANY opportunities to bend the rules.
Way to go mom! They all need "help" in the obedience category, don't they? We are going through the same thing. Ugh! It's so hard, especially when they sneak around behind your back....like what has happened at our house...
I'm so glad Maddie is having fun now that she is 16. She is such a cute girl. Does Dave have a lie detector yet for the boys that he doesn't know that want to take her out?! :)
Post a Comment