I told you Maddie was close to having her PP done and yesterday it happened! I was going to be a stickler and wait until she was up on the stand with the bishop and her award in hand, but she called the YW Pres and got it set up so I felt she had lived up to her end of the deal. She got her license on Monday and we added her to the insurance today so she's legal!

She drove to her friends house, picked up Talbie, drove herself to and from dance, followed me to the temple to drop the car off to Dave then we headed to a wedding reception and as we speak, she and Talbie just drove to "Color Me Mine" to pick up some stuff they had painted.
I honestly can't describe the feeling I had as I watched her drive away for the first time. I've also decided that she's a really GOOD driver - as long as I'm not in the car with her. I'm too bossy!
I have to admit - this was the best day of my life - not driving that long drive to and from dance. I won't be missing that everyday!

She also cleaned out Dave's car and said, "I don't want to see any junk in this car AGAIN!" I think that she thinks she can slowing steal his car away from him. Next thing we know, he'll be riding a bike everywhere! Let's just pray he doesn't buy another motorcycle!
5 comments:
Way to go Maddie. I am so proud of her for completing her Personal Progress. There is nothing like bribery to motivate a kid. Having your first teenage driver is a bittersweet experience. Happiness and anxiety all rolled up in one. Way to stick to your guns Kellie.
How very fun! What a cute picture of Maddie! I can not believe she is old enough to drive. I remember when she was a baby.....man does time go by fast. It is so strange being at an age where you knew people when they were babies and then you watch them become adults. I feel old! lol
Thank you so much for the lovely gift you gave me; what a wonderful surprise! You are just too cool! Thank you thank you. I agree we all need to get together more often. Let me know how I can help out....PLEASE!
I can't believe she is 16 and can drive! It will be nice I am sure to have a little runner that would love to drive somewhere for you!
Us mean moms we are the best! Carlie is about a month away to get her Personal Progress. I love having other drivers in the family. The first one is a little strange. But you got to love it! Way to go Maddie!
beware of stop signs in maddie's way!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment