This is the first picture as we entered the village. The weather was absolutely perfect!
Inside one of the houses. It was actually one of the largest houses with an upstairs. Dave could barely stand up straight because the ceilings were so low.
I had to get a picture of Bronson in front of the first "Deseret News" building to remind us of our newspaper delivery days!
Maddie and Talbie were too old to ride the ponies but they made the weight cut so they were able to get an exciting (NOT!) ride.
Mary Fielding Smith's home. I loved this quaint little cabin/house. After Hyrum Smith was killed, Mary Fielding Smith came to Salt Lake. She became a plural wife to Heber C. Kimball - so she could become independent! In the 1840's women couldn't own land if they weren't married. Mary was given a city plot to build a house on but she wanted to be self-sufficient so she built this house with her boys outside the city. She was an amazing woman!
We had a great time. We got a picture of the monument on our way out. If you haven't been to visit this wonderful historic village, I suggest you take the time to do it! You could almost spend 2 days there because there is so much to see.

1 comment:
What a fun way to spend a summer afternoon. I will definitely have to try it.
Post a Comment