Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tomatoes

About every other day I send Bronson out to pick the tomatoes. After shoving about 3-4 of them in his mouth, he'd come in with 4-5 tomatoes. We'd usually eat those and I was bummed because I didn't think I was going to have enough tomatoes this year to do anything with.

Well, after Dave mowed the lawn he went over to examine the tomatoes and started lifting up the plants. We found hundreds of tomatoes! Bronson needs a lesson I guess!



We made stewed whole tomatoes and we're making salsa next!

I love canning if you haven't noticed!

7 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Look at you go!!! Awesome! I can't wait until we can get a garden going here...it takes forever to get things done when you move into a new house...I say forever, but we've only been here 5 months....that's forever to me, because i want everything done NOW! :)

Leslie said...

Those tomatoes look so good.
I haven't done much canning this year and actually miss it. We are hoping to get closed on this house by the end of September that has been taking forever. So all of my canning stuff is still storage. Luckily we still have lots of canned fruit and veggies left over from last year. Next year I will have to catch up again.

Archuletas said...

Kellie,
We have been doing the same thing all summer. I agree with you, it is fun-at least when all is done-and the end results look so good.

Kelly said...

I'm with you! I love the finished product and how it looks on the shelves. your tomatoes look great!!

Lula. said...

No kidding you have been one busy lady! I need to come get some canning lessons from you. Seriously.

Julie Baldwin said...

What is your salsa recipe that you use to can with? We have tomatoes coming out our ears and I'd like to make salsa and can it. Could you e-mail me your recipe please? And any other tomato canning recipes that you use. I've never done anything with tomatoes before and I need to.
Thank you!
dot1978@gmail.com

The Ellington's said...

Kellie - how do you find the time to do all of this stuff? You're an awesome woman!