Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baptism Dress

Today we went shopping for a baptism dress for Emmie.
I checked her out of school a little early so we'd
have time to do some shopping.

Grandma Pat was supposed to come with
us because it's a tradition that she gets the kids
their suit/dress for their baptism. She wasn't feeling
well so we had to go without her.

She looks a little "orphan-like" in these
pictures since we came straight from school,
but you get the idea :)

Dress #1 (the one we ended up getting!)

Dress #2

Dress #3

I wanted to get one that was a more "frilly" than the
one we got, but Emmie wouldn't have it!

I guess I should be thankful that
I got her try on the dresses at all! She's not
a dress kind of girl!

2 comments:

Hacking it up said...

so cute!!! hat an exciting time!! Can you believe your baby is getting baptized?

atkernsfam said...

I'm with Emmie. I remember going into David's Bridal in Boise, Idaho looking for a wedding dress. I told them I wanted a modest wedding dress without a lot of beads or fluff. The lady looked at me, thought for a little bit and said, I think we might have a couple. And they did have a couple, 2, that was it in the whole store! Luckily one fit me!!

If she keeps it up maybe she'll have cheaper homecoming/prom/wedding dresses!