Sunday, April 6, 2014

Moving Things Around...

With Maddie getting married, we had an extra bedroom in our house
(which hasn't happened since before Emmie was born)
so we moved some things around a bit.

First of all, for Emmie's 12th birthday, she just wanted her room
remodeled.  She picked out the paint color and we sold her old furniture
(that she thought was too "baby looking.")
It was perfect timing because with Maddie moving out, we just used her
old bed and it fit in her room perfectly!
We still have to hang her pictures but she got a new dresser and 
it looks really cute!
 Here are pictures of Maddie starting to box up her things
and move out. 
 It's a funny feeling to have one of your kids move out, permanently.
I was so excited for her and Logan to get married and start their
life together.  But I didn't like the feeling of "loosing" one of my kids
and not have them close to me.

 Logan is an amazing man!  He is one the hardest workers I know!
I know a lot of really hard workers (like Dave) and he ranks
up there with all of them.
 The minute Maddie was gone, Bronson started his
project because he was moving downstairs to her old room.
I painted the pink walls and he started!


 He invented his bed and desk and made everything for $100
I love the idea of having his bed elevated and help up by chains
(and a lot of screws!)
It utilizes so much wasted space.

  Here are pictures of the finished project.


Once Bronson got settled in his new room, Dave began work on his new office!
He has been on cloud nine getting it all set up.
I didn't think he needed a new flat screen tv in the office, but he did ;)
There have been many times he has been up there "working"
and I catch him watching a movie!
I like to harass him about it but he deserves a little down time once in awhile.
This office has been so wonderful because he can now hang his degrees and
awards he received from his time he was with the Sheriff's Department.
The closet is filled with all his guns and ammo!
 Here is Logan and Maddie's new apt.  Obviously the "before" picture
  




Maddie has A LOT of clothes.  She filled every closet
in the place.  Logan got a little section for all his flannel shirts ;)
 They have really gotten this place looking cute!
They were able to buy a couch, used washer and dryer, and this
rug.  It's not really my style of rug but if you know Maddie, you
know it is definitely hers :)

They found this couch at IKEA and it's perfect for a small apartment.
It makes out into a bed, has storage for blankets, and then
folds down to a couch.

 Poor Talbie - she has been the only one to not get an upgrade
but she will be leaving for BYU Idaho in a few months and she will
have a new place to decorate :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love house projects. You guys did lots of shifting and they all look good.