Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day


Today is Veteran's Day and it has 2 significances. First, to honor all our Veterans and those that have served in the military. So, I am posting a picture that I found recently of my dad when he was in the Army in 1967 or 1968. I love you dad!

Also - today marks the 17th anniversary of Dave and I's first date. We were set up on a blind date by a friend of my little brother, Cody. Matt Heaps set us up (who is also Dave's sister's husband's brother - figure that one out!)

For our first date we went to Brick Oven Pizza with Matt Heaps and my friend, Jill Ortiz (Murdock). After dinner we went to the Scera park and laid blankets out and watched a movie on a T.V. and VCR they had brought with them.

I had been set up on about a million blind dates before Dave and - after waiting for a missionary who had come home and I didn't like anymore - I was planning on going on a mission. I had my papers ready to fill out but I met Dave that night and 1 month later we were engaged! I love you, Dave!

4 comments:

Jared Heal said...

Kellie, I love that picture of dad and wow i can't believe it have been 17 years ago that you and Dave went on your first date.

Blayne said...

Neat picture of Dad! - Mom

Hacking it up said...

Kellie-I can still remember when you called me and told me about Dave..you were instantly smitten with that guy!!...and I remember something about roses...Happy Anniversary!...remember the "other" Kelly Christensen? :)

Kellie said...

That's SO funny. I do remember the other Kelly Christensen. OOHH :(