Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mr. "Fix-It"


Dave is my HERO!

He's so wonderful in so many ways but the past 2 days he's been great :)

One of the reason Dave is so great is because he can fix ANYTHING! Whenever something breaks and he says he can fix it - I ask him, "Have you ever done this before?" He ALWAYS says "Yes" even though he usually hasn't. But he can figure anything out.

On Monday we needed to fix the head light in our Durango that had gone out. Our car is 1 year and 1 month old so of course it wasn't covered under warranty anymore for a broken headlight (light bulb) so before we spent a small fortune on getting a light bulb fixed, Dave and Bronson got online, found how to get to the burnt out bulb, and got it out. $15.00 later (I know - still alot for a light bulb) it was fixed!

Yesterday it was my gas oven that wasn't working. It stopped working on Sunday and I've been in a panic ever since. I have 2 ovens but the upper oven never works unless you want to burn the bottom of everything you're making.

Dave wasn't sure about this one but he tore into it, looked up some things online and starting saudering some wires to something and - Viola! The oven now works!

My knight in shining armor!


3 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

AWESOME! That is such a blessing to have someone that is a mister fix it! Can you imagine what you would have had to pay to get it fixed, yikes!
For Dave is a jolly good fellow for Dave is a jolly good fellow and nobody can deny.

atkernsfam said...

I like the comic! I feel the same way about Aaron. He can fix or invent anything. It's amazing what you can learn on the Internet. I think Aaron spends all his time on the Internet researching things or trying to figure out how something works than, whereas I blog, email, and facebook.

Barb Elder said...

I love my fix it man. Scott is the same way. He can fix anything. Does his reseach online and yea he can do anything! Be rasied by a single mother can be a blessing.