Tuesday, September 30, 2008

End of the Garden


Saturday felt good because we cleaned up the backyard and picked the fruit from our apple and pear trees and picked the rest of the garden. We have tomatoes coming out of our ears if anyone would like some!

Notice my fabulous pumpkins! They are the only thing that grew like crazy in the garden this year - and the only thing that I DIDN'T plant! Last year when we carved our pumpkins (CLICK HERE), we did it in the backyard and I threw all the pumpkins guts into the garden spot. It just happened that I didn't plant anything in that corner this year, and 6 baby pumpkins plants starting coming up at the beginning of the summer. They grew and grew and we ended up with pumpkins! What luck!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow they look beautiful. I am so jealous. It is so much harder to plant things like pumpkins in Oregon. Our pumpkin plants bombed big time this year!

Lula. said...

I love your pumpkins! That is so awesome. Now I know what to do with pumpkin guts!

The BC Fam said...

We miss havin a garden, you know how Bret is. He would have been at your house checking on them everyday!

hknight said...

It's so fun to able to carve pumkins that you grew all by yourself! My mom always grows pumkins in her garden and then has us over to carve them!

The Boulter Family said...

That is neat about the pumpkins! You have quite the fruit and veggie crop. It is so fun to harvest in the fall!
Hey Kellie I got yout letter in the mail. Thank you, and yes you were the first! :) I wish everyone was as prompt as you.